Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Avoiding the Heat--Wednesday

We had a really good day.  It seems that each day, Elliot is getting more and more used to me having to pay attention to Nolan as well.  I have been looking through Pinterest for indoor activities.  I just don't feel comfortable going outside in the scorching heat with Elliot who I fear would burn quickly even with enough sunscreen and I fear I can't keep him hydrated.  And a newborn that can't tell me he is too hot.  And me, who is not really a hot weather type of person.
  
I gave Elliot the choice of making a parking lot for his cars or making play dough.  The parking lot won.  We started doing it and things were going great.  He started playing with it and about 2 minutes later said, " Let's make play dough."  ??????????????  Really?  All that work (well, not too much work) for 2 minutes of play?





 
 
 
Well, okay.  So we made play dough.  It is called Skin Therapy Play Dough.  Found the recipe on Pinterest.  I think it turned out pretty good.  No salt and it keeps in the fridge for about 3 days, I guess.
 
 
 
 
Then something happened that I was NOT expecting.  He started playing with his cars in the "mud".  And that lasted about 90 minutes!  90 minutes!  Yeah!
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Muddy cars!!! So glad he was entertained! I'm going to have to steal the parking lot/mud idea!

    ReplyDelete