Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My Upcycling Project

I really wanted a long flowy skirt for our little trip in Oct, but I didn't really have the right material here to make one.  I have teddy bear print, dinosaur print, something for little girls, something for little boys, etc.  You get the idea!
 
Anyways, I went to the second hand store--they had 50% off on dresses and skirts.  Just maybe I would find a skirt.  Nope.  BUT I found a dress that I thought I could make into a skirt.  The dress was too small--probably a size 6-8.  Since it was a flowy dress though, I thought I could swing it.
 
The dress--not very modest...

Cut off the top.

Put in two button holes, turned it down to make a waist line.  Put a shoelace through.  And...
 
My skirt!
I am actually quite satisfied with my finished product.  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Wow, great job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is great! It made the perfect skirt...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete