Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Buttermilk Plain Cake

Elliot and I had to stay home from church, so we baked.  Elliot really likes baking and so I needed something new.  I had buttermilk--I really like how things with buttermilk turn out.  I found a German recipe online, but here is my English version.  It reminds me of a pound cake, just lighter.
 
Buttermilk Plain Cake
1 cup of soften butter
1 3/4 cups of sugar (I reduced from 2 cups.)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of buttermilk
4 cups of flour
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
 
Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
 
Add buttermilk. Mix well.
 
Add flour and baking powder.  Mix well.
 
Put it in a greased Bundt pan.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. 
When the toothpick comes out clean, it should be done. 
 
Enjoy!!
 





Not much to see, but we are at 18 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great!...I can't wait to try it. I am hoping that I have enough buttermilk in the fridge. Thanks for using US measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that buttermilk cake looks good! I'd like to try it also! yummy! You are looking great! Can't wait to see baby David? Michael? Paul? Anna? Sarah? Gertrude? :) Love you! You really do look great!

    ReplyDelete