Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Booger Cake

"No, boogers do not go in the batter.  We are not making a booger cake." 




Elliot had just asked me if boogers go in the batter.  He was stirring with one hand and his other little hand had a finger in his nose.  NEVER, NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think I would say that! 

Alas, our booger cake.  It is actually an apple buttermilk crumb cake.  And it turned out really good, minus the boogers.

Apple Buttermilk Crumb Cake
 
For the batter:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 apples
 
For the crumb part:
3/4 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
a little cinnamon
 
For the batter, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Mix in the buttermilk.  Add the flour-baking powder combo a tablespoon at a time.  I used the mixer and that worked great.  Put the batter in a 9x13 inch greased baking pan.
 
Peel, core and cut your apples.  I did thin slices.  Lay them on the batter.
 
For the crumb part, mix all of the ingredients until it starts forming crumbs.  Put on top of the apples.
 
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40-45 minutes.
 
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Ewwwww! Gross!!!! Ewwww, gross!!! :) :) :) I'm glad your cake turned out!

    ReplyDelete