Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Just Weekend Stuff

We had a pretty busy weekend as usual.  There is always some shopping to do, family to visit and a church activity or two.  I have been itching to make cupcakes again, but with an icing that the Germans will eat, but that I can decorate with.  Elliot's birthday cake turned out pretty good when he turned two, but I heard so many, "The icing is too sweet!". And that kind of took the fun away for me.
 
 
Well, my new icing is Schmand (a German product--similar to sour cream, but sweeter), cream cheese and a little bit of powdered sugar.  I was pretty impressed how it turned out, so I will have to try it again next time.  Elliot sure enjoys stirring!
  
 


Elliot has been pretty cuddly lately.  He is coming for the hugs and we love to give them!



Elliot just loves bathes, but there is usually a screaming fit when he has to get out.  He could bathe for hours if we would let him!



2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures...Elliot is getting so tall..at least it seems like it. Yum yum for the cupcakes..glad they turned out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, icing can't be too sweet! Something must be wrong with ALL the Germans! haha! just kidding sort of. ;) I'm glad you are understanding and are trying to find an icing that they will not complain about. Love you! And love the pictures! They are great!

    ReplyDelete