Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday Afternoon

I decided that we should get out a little this afternoon, but I must admit I could have just stayed in.  We needed to drop off a birthday present, so that made us venture out.  We had a full morning with Elliot's music class and a visit to the doc.
 
People ask me if I miss anything foodwise from the States.  Really, there is nothing.  I can live without most of the things or I have found substitutes.  BUT I must admit, I have yet to find a good substitute for Ranch Dressing.  And boy, do I like Ranch Dressing.  I remember being at home in North Dakota a couple of years ago--I think I went through two bottles of the stuff in just 2 weeks.  Just couldn't get enough of it.  We have had some Americans go back to the States over the past few years after living here awhile and they graciously gave me their Ranch packages.  OH YES!!!
 
And I think a little American is in Elliot--he likes Ranch!  We have been dipping avocados in Ranch and he wanted to dip his hot dogs in Ranch.  OK!


 
Elliot seems to enjoy talking on the phone.  He got my old cell phone and proceeded to have a full conversation.  It is in German, but basically he says, "Hello, greetings to you. How are you?  Good.  Then have a nice evening." :)

 


1 comment:

  1. Ranch is good on anything...even fruit. I made a lettuce salad with some fruit...ranch on top. Elliot knows a good thing is better with ranch.

    ReplyDelete