Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Great Conversation, Bad Timing

Elliot and I had a great conversation.  I just wish it had been at a time when I could have answered more thoroughly.  But isn't that how it goes with kids???  They has the important questions and the moment last about one minute--you just do the best you can.

We were at church.  Andre was speaking to prepare our brothers and sisters for the Lord's Supper.  I was holding Nolan trying to prevent a rodeo.  Elliot sitting/standing next to me.

Elliot:  Can I drink out of one of those little cups?
Mommy: No.
E:  Why not?
M:  You have to believe in God.
E:  I believe God.  (I had to smile.)
M:  Yes, I know, but you have to be baptized.
E: What is baptized?
M:  That is something for when you are older.
E:  I am old.
M:  Really old.
About two seconds later.
E: I have to go potty.  (Andre is praying at that point.)

End of moment.

I just gave it my best shot.  Why couldn't we have this conversation at home sitting on the couch? It would have been so much better. I had to whisper, folks.  Try to have a great conversation WHISPERING.  Sigh.  Like I said, bad timing.  Maybe next time will be better.  Right?????

2 comments: